Sunday, December 20, 2009

SAINT JEANNE

"Yesterday when I was young..." I walked to the Birchbark Books store. I thought Annie would be there but the event was cancelled. I had lunch with Heid Erdrich and visited Todd's gallery. Well, I can't go to a book store and not buy a few books. I came home with "Red Bird" by Mary Oliver, "Lines from a Mined Mind" by John Trudell and "Your Tree, Your Bird" by Jim Lenfesty. What a feast of words and a treasure of ideas are at my fingertips.
The mail brought a gift from Elizabeth of Scotland. She'd gone to Rome for the cannonization of Jeanne Jugan (1792-1879) and sent me a collection of Vatican memorabilia and sweets. Jeanne was a French woman who nursed the poor and housed the aged. She founded Little Sisters of the Poor.
Last night we went to Zoe's Posada. It was great! We sang songs in Spanish. Well, I tried. Song sheets were provided. Verna and I discussed the symbolism of dragonflies and lionesses. I met Liz B. and found her such a delight. Dar was wearing the Christmas star and three shepherds followed her to the party.

No comments:

Post a Comment