Monday, June 7, 2010

UNEXPECTED JOYS

I opened my eyes to a stunning day and found 3 goldfinches already busy knitting up the morning.
In 1944 Mae S wrote: "Speak to the children now of revolution Not as a violence, a terror, and a dissolution, But as the long-held hope and the long dream of man, The river in his heart and his most pure traditions."
Late last night I received an unexpected joy. My 16-yr-old granddaughter that I haven't seen for 10 years or more has found me on facebook! I even saw photos of her! What a beautiful gift of love has presented itself to me. She hopes to visit us in July. Oh, so many plans have already been inked into my calendar for the summer. I pray that I will not be far away when she arrives here.
When Klinkenborg looked back on the days he's spent helping his parents build and improve their 13 acres of land in CA he came full circle. He began to witness the demise. He saw how all that was new, with time, fell into decay. He told us that "the ideal landscape lives only in the mind." Well, why not? There are some dreams too beautiful for reality.
Mary Oliver has written: "I don't want to sell my life for money, I don't even want to come in out of the rain."
Today I lost a bag of stuff from the Thrift Shop but found an e-mail from Joyce, a dear old friend. Yes, internet is a wonderful tool. In less than 24 hours it has restored a grandchild and a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment