Tuesday, June 29, 2010

MAGIC BAND AIDS

MLK Jr., "Forces that threaten to negate life must be challenged by courage, which is the power of life to affirm itself in spite of life's ambiguities. this requires the exercise of a creative will that enables us to hew out a stone of hope from a mountain of despair."
In her 70th year May Sarton was selected to deliver the Ware lecture, Unitarian Universalists, Bowdoin College. This year Winona LaDuke delivered!
Gladys Taber' "The magic of June is a very special magic... It is compounded of much beauty and kindliness on nature's part, it really leaves nothing to be desired. It is the deep heart of New England beating to a rhythm that never grows old, that is forever young, forever fair. Surely the petals will never fall from the rose this time, surely it will be always June."
Mary Oliver has questions for June, "Just where does self-awareness begin and end? With the June bug? With the shining, task-ridden ant"?
In June of 1997 I was in Vienna and I wrote, "I must tell Dr. Romeros that I took my warts to Europe. I will say, "The magic band aids failed."
Today Wallis, Lamaya, Cedar and I went to library. Cedar seemed listless and looked tired. When we got home she ate a banana. She complained of head ache so I gave her a baby aspirin and a glass of water. Soon she was sleeping. I took her home about 6 PM as Melanie E and I were going to see a movie at the Reif Center. We saw "Mine". It told of animal rescue after a disaster. It was heart breaking. But many pets were rescued and evacuated. Some were adopted and never returned to former owners who had lost everything and really wanted to find their former pets.
When I saw the people embracing their dogs I could feel a warm hairy body in my arms. I know it was Cinnamon.

No comments:

Post a Comment