Friday, February 26, 2010

INVADERS OF PANDORA

Feb. 25, 10. Lynelle came and got me and we went to see "Avatar" in 3D at Southdale. Barbara L. was already there. What can I say? It was an incredible experience! I especially appreciated the scenery and the fantastic foliage. The environment was totally pristine. Except where the aliens from Earth had settled and mined. In one of my long ago dream times I was walking up a long dark hill. I knew I was looking for something but didn't know what it was. Far ahead of me I saw the earth being disturbed and out of the soil arose a tall blue woman in an orange sarong. This happened again and again. Soon the hill was full of blue people in bright sarongs coming to meet me. Some of them were quite old and some were children. There were several messages in the Avatar story. Of course, I saw the invasion of an indigenous nation by greedy, violent, vulgar men.
Mae Sarton would clean her cellar because when her garden called it must become a priority. She would devote herself to growing food and flowers. I want to be more devoted to the gardens this year and also to expand.
Friends Carter and Flo are in DC. She is training to be one of 12 coaches for the Membership Recruitment Institute of the League of Women Voters US. She will be coaching membership recruitment efforts in 12 states, including MN. She will also be working to make another attempt to have the Equal Rights Amendment included in the US Constitution. Since 1923 the ERA has been introduced into Congress annually. It has never been passed!
Lynelle and I also stopped in at Birch Bark Books. She got a beautiful blank book for my journal collection. We selected a wonderful Laurel Burch illustration of indigo blue cats with golden eyes. I purchased "Poems by Heide Erdrich, National Monuments". We each got a complimentary bookmark featuring "My Antonia" by Willa Cather.

No comments:

Post a Comment