Friday, September 17, 2010

BRIGHT STAR

Today Cedar and I began our first chapter book! We are reading "Stuart Little". In a very few pages we came upon great wisdom. We learned that no one can look into a mouse's ear without laughing. Melanie joined us at the corner bus stop and we had a lovely chat. We stood saturated by the morning sky. I showed her how to make a giant shadow bug.
Wallis and I went to the rummage at St Mary's and enjoyed it very much.
After school Cedar and I played three hands of old maid and I lost twice. She said, "You're an old maid and I'm going to marry Elvis!"
Tonight I watched "Bright Star" on Netflix. I held the poetry collection of John Keats in my lap. Angeline gave me the book after we had seen the movie together in Toulouse.
JOHN KEATS. "When I have fears that I may cease to be Before my pen has gleaned my teeming brain... then on the shore Of the wide world I stand alone, and think Till love and fame to nothingness do sink."
Keats's bright star was Fanny Brawne.

No comments:

Post a Comment