Saturday, December 11, 2010

HUNGRY EYES

I enjoyed a wonderful continental breakfast, read my e-mail and suddenly Dawn S had arrived. We went to the Brainerd library. Some very old friends showed up. I'd known them 30+ years before. I nearly wept. I devoured them with my eyes so long hungry to rest upon their beauty. It was a good crowd. Some had brought books for me to sign.
Then Dawn and I were off to Pine River. We picked up her husband Joe. I had another terrific group with some familiar faces. We had late lunch on the road and very fine conversations, They brought me to my door and returned to the long highway home to Brainerd.

2 comments:

  1. I'm proud to know someone so accomplished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My new friend Evelyn asked me what I had done with my life. I took her my four books to peruse.

    ReplyDelete