Saturday, January 2, 2010

ONLY IN A DREAM

I started watching "Wild China, Heart of the Dragon" on Netflix but decided to watch it on the big screen when Ann returns. It's so beautiful that it runs off the small screen of the computer, spills across the floor and crawls up the walls until I become a panda bear and want to pull leaves from the trees to feed my hunger. I always think of China as crowded with people. But, in fact, they have much wilderness.
Mark Twain wrote, "It will take the mind and memory (a long time) to gather the details and thus learn and know the extent of loss." I'm not afraid of the process. I have learned to be patient with my grief. How can I bear to rush past a dear memory. How could I sweep away a vision of one sweet smile?
Mae Sarton saw her day "disintegrate" because she was unable to accomplish her set goals. They say, "When you fail to plan, you plan to fail." I may need to make more short range plans, too. I have been busy all day but feel very little has been accomplished. I won't beat myself up for it but be more realistic with the rest of my day.
"Anything worth saying can be said in less than 500 words," Mike Jacobs. I, too, appreciate brevity. I love the short story and am enriched by a few lines of a poem. Even when I draw I try to eliminate as many lines as possible.
Mary O urges us to be prepared for certain things. "The way days go by, never to return. The way somebody comes back, but only in a dream."

No comments:

Post a Comment