Friday, January 1, 2010

ABILITY TO VENTURE

Dec. 31, 2009. I think this is the last full moon of 2009 and a blue moon, too. I wanted some kind of inventory on this last day of the old year. So I decided to consider the high and low watermarks. The best thing about 2009 was spending so much time with Cedar. The worst has been this long separation.
"Let us renew our lives, our good habits and our successes." Yogananda. "One of the glories of human beings is their ability to venture." Hickman. "Little by little the good memories begin to flow back and the (name) I loved begins to live again." M Sarton."
"To be a philosopher (lover of Sophia) is not merely to have subtle thoughts, nor even to found a school, but so to love wisdom as to live according to its dictates, a life of simplicity, independence, magnanimity and trust." Thoreau.
"I enter the ecstatic Round dance of the fox and field mouse on the scarred, warring Hills." Thomas McGrath. "Those endless calamities of the personal past. Bah! I disown them from the rest of my life.."Mary O. On this day I have written 2 mediocre poems. But I will rewrite them and raise them to the stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment