Saturday, January 30, 2010

BIG FOOT

John Trudell, "Look at us, we are earth and water." Dwight D Eisenhower, "Avoid the impulse to live only for today plundering for our own needs of today the precious resources of tomorrow." Vivekanand Jha, "It (intolerance) can lead to violence in its most extreme form, genocide." Wendell Berry, "Healing is impossible in loneliness." Hickman, "We need to resume our place in the human family." Li-Young Lee, "In writing poetry, all of one's attention is focused on some inner voice." More from Lee, "Sad is the man who is asked for a story and can't come up with one."
One day I told Norma that the older I get the larger my nose becomes. My mother's nose and ears grew so much in her old age that she began to look like a little gnome woman. Norma must have given this a lot of thought. Last night she put me before the mirror and told me to smile. I did as she told me. "Look! When you smile it broadens your nose." As she smiled her nose grew, too. I was amazed! "I'll never smile again," I promised. She replied, "Oh! No! You must never stop smiling."!
It happened one dark night as I drove home from Crystal Lake near Akeley that something crossed the road. It was upright, very tall and incredibly long-legged. It crossed the road with 2 or 3 steps. I slowed down but it had been swallowed up by the night. I opened the window but heard nothing. For several minutes I searched my mind, "Tell me what you saw!" I had seen a Big Foot. No one can convince me otherwise. The question is, "Why?" They are not seen unless they choose to disclose themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment