Monday, July 26, 2010

IN LOVE WITH A TREE

Wallis called and we arranged a trip to grocer. Then to Bargain Bin for a new puzzle. I gave Marcellus $1 to spend. Then we waited as he shopped for the perfect treat. He selected a Reese's peanut butter cup. I said Elvis would have wanted one, too. He loved peanut butter.
I've been away from May Sarton's journal but cannot abandon her as she was part of the inspiration behind my Seventh Decade journal. So on the 24th she was seeking refuge from hungry mosquitoes. "It is no fun walking in the woods these days. So this morning we will go down to the ocean." From Mary O: "I have been in love more times than one, thank the Lord." Sometimes she was in love with a man or a woman... and sometimes she was in love with a tree.
There were six of us in the woman's circle under a bright moon with a clear sky. Fireflies visited us and wondered at our songs. It was beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment