Sunday, November 1, 2009

FINDING NEVERLAND

Halloween is come and gone again. No one tapped their bony knuckles on my door. No childish voices called for treats. I spent the hallowed eve with Cinnamon. He slept while I watched Johnny Depp "Finding Neverland". Several days ago I watched "The Painted Veil". I'd read the book so I found many changes from page to screen. Some changes did not appeal to me but others improved on the book. The book, however, did allow readers a closer look at the inner workings of the characters. One thing I didn't see in the movie was the monument to the virtuous widow. I think it could have enhanced the screenplay. Also the movie doesn't express the deep emotional loss Col. Yu and Mr. Waddington felt when Dr. Fane died. While watching 'neverland' I saw the dark shining eyes of a small boy fill with amazement at the astonishing grandeur of the theater. A little breath of awe escaped his rosy lips and plunged me into grief. It struck suddenly. Without warning. For it was something Brandon did when he stood awestruck before beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment